Scuba Diving in Puerto Galera
Welcome to Atlantis’ Five Star PADI Career Development Centers; two of only few dive centers with such a rating in Asia, you will find the highest standard of dive education, first class facilities and world class dive guides.
Our Guests Love Us
The trip was absolutely wonderful! I don’t think your staff could have done much more for us to make us…read more→
The trip was absolutely wonderful! I don't think your staff could have done much more for us to make us…read more→
Just wanted to let you know that we had an absolute ball. The accommodation was immaculate and stunning and the…read more→
I want to thank everyone at Atlantis Beach Resort for their efforts in making the visit to both resorts one…read more→
Really an unforgettable holiday!Is the Atlantis in Puerto Galera and Dumaguete have made it such.Resort, diving and services, excellent!Resort staff…read more→
Thank you for a perfect time with you all at Atlantis. My first diving holyday ever was a huge success;…read more→
Book to stay with Atlantis, and you can book with confidence, with Atlantis its all about quality and service, and…read more→
I had such a great time at your resort. I will tell all of my friends about it and encourage…read more→
We had a good previous experience at the Atlantis resort in Dumaguete, and were very pleased with this resort as well. We were greeted by the manager and several staff. Many of the staff learned our names within a day or so. Service was excellent overall.
The main draw here is the excellent diving. The dive center was very well organized, with a handy gear storage area, rinse tanks etc. All the dive staff was great and we had two particularly good guides-Thax and Fred. The boats don’t have any shade, but most dive sites are very close by. The dive schedule was 9 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 4 PM and 6 PM. Timing was a little tight at times between dives.
All the resorts in the area tend to be built up a hillside. Ask for a room lower down if you don’t want to climb a lot of stairs (especially if you need to go back to the room for something between dives). The room was comfortable, good A/C. Plenty of outlets that took US style plugs. . Plenty of shelves for storage, and a small area for hanging clothes. No drinking water provided in the rooms, but they did have water at the restaurant and dive center where you could refill your bottles.
Atlantis Dive Shop
Our state of the art dive facilities support all levels of recreational divers, Nitrox as well as re-breather and technical diving. Not only do we have the top dive operation in the area but many of our guides are instructors as well as being the best spotters in the Philippines.
Whether you use us as your base from which to explore thirty or more close dive sites; the place to start your adventures and become certified; your introduction to Nitrox, technical diving or Re-breather adventures; or as the place to start a career in diving; we have it all.
First Class Facilities
- 60 Individual purpose-built equipment storage cubby-holes keep your equipment dry and organized
- High quality rental equipment
- Spacious comfortable boats
- Purpose built training pool
- Fresh beach towel every day, snacks and drinking water
- Hot water shower in the dive shop
- Multiple compressors for Air, Nitrox and Trimix
- Your equipment carried for you
Highest Standard of Dive Education
- TDI facility
- PADI Courses from beginner to Divemaster and Instructor Level
- Two Course Directors on staff
- Most PADI Specialty courses on offer
- Most technical dive courses on offer (Puerto Galera)
- Discover Scuba Diving for not-yet-divers
- One-on-one instruction available
- Career training
- Training pool and fully equipped classroom incorporating state of the art teaching techniques
Flexible Dive Options
- Local Dives at 9, 11, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm (night dives available every day)
- Choice of dive site each time (talk to our guides about where you want to go and what you want to see)
- Small groups (no more than 6 people)
- Most dive spots within ten minutes of the resort
- Private dives available
- Day Trips to Verde Island and the Hot Springs of Chicken Feather Island (puerto Galera) and Apo Island, Balicasag, Siquijor and Sumilon (Dumaguete)
Marine Life & Destination Presentations
- Learn more about the underwater world with detailed critter presentations
- Discover new adventures on our liveaboard with our destination presentations
- Enjoy entertaining and educational videos such as John Bennett’s world breaking 330m/1,000ft dive filmed by National Geographic
Puerto Galera has a spacious climate controlled camera room for comfortable pre-dive camera preparation. The room has 30 cubby holes for individual storage.
There are air guns distributed around the room as well as power sockets (110 and 220 volts) and paper towel dispensers. A shelf running the length of the work surface provides space for battery chargers. Six fluorescent wall lights provided additional illumination. The room also has 2 internet-ready desktop PC’s for guests to view their photos.
- Kids as young as 5 can enjoy the ocean with SASY
- Bubblemaker programs from age 8
- PADI Junior certifications from age 10
- Snorkeling and free diving classes for all ages – adults welcome!